New Protocol for Your COVID-Safe appointment
- When you make an appointment, our automated messaging system will contact you with text and email you asking you to confirm the day and time of your appointment. Please contact us within 24 hours if you are unable to make it or if there is an error with your appointment time.
- Before your appointment, a digital health history and COVID-19 questionnaire will be emailed or texted to you to complete before your visit. If you are unable to access the digital system, you may fill out the information on paper. Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time frame if you are filling out paperwork.
- On the day of your appointment, please enter building 10 minutes before your appointment. If you are very early, please wait outside to prevent over crowding in our office. If you will be arriving late due to unforeseen circumstance, please let us know to see if the doctor is able to accommodate a late arrival. Please do not bring other children, spouses, friends, and family to your appointment. We have very limited space in the office. If you require a translator, a medical assistant, or guardian, please let us know ahead of time.
- At Check In, a receptionist will verify that all your information is accurate. If you require a fresh mask, you will be provided one. The receptionist will also ask if you prefer dilation method with eye drops or Optomap photography for your retinal health examination. If you are unsure which option is right for you, simply let them know you would like to consult with your doctor first.
- Pre-Testing – A technician will escort you from the waiting area to the pretesting area. You will be asked to wash your hands utilizing CDC recommended methods for 20 seconds. Your preliminary vision will be measured using your own contact lenses or your own glasses, so please be sure to bring what you wear. If you opt for the Optomap retinal photograph, your technician will complete that during your pre-testing and inform the doctor that you are ready.
- Examination – Due to the small size of your exam room, extra safety equipment and precautions have been installed for both you and your doctor’s safety. Please do not remove your mask at any time during your visit. Your exam room will be heavily disinfected with bleach prior to your arrival. Your doctor will disinfect high touch surfaces again prior to your use. Tower fans and high efficiency particulate air filters will be actively producing fresh clean air every 12 minutes. Areas where your face will be very close to your doctor has been fitted with plastic guards. If your mask is causing your vision to fog, your doctor will provide you a different mask with medical tape to ensure your prescription is accurate.
- Selecting Frames & Ordering Lenses – Your doctor will escort you to a disinfected optical station. Please do not touch any frames while your optician washes their hands to get ready for your one on one consultation. Upon completion of your insurance and lens consultation, your optician will assist you by removing clean frames from the frame board for you to try on. All frames are tracked and cleaned prior to their return to the frame board. If you need to see how the frame looks without your mask on, you will be directed to the patient restroom where you may do so. If you are unable to select frames and order lenses on the same day as your exam, please let us know and we can schedule you an appointment with the optical department at your convenience.
Please note that examinations often book up 6 weeks ahead. There are no walk-in appointments available. All adjustments, pickups, repairs, and small service requests must be completed by appointment or through the drive thru window.
We hope that you can enjoy your office visit and glasses consultation under the safest conditions we can create for you. Contact us via e-mail using this form, or text (505) 892-8411