Our Practice Mission Statement
Our mission is to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients through meaningful encounters, conversation, education, and empower patients with choices. At the same time, our mission also includes providing a nurturing and positive work environment for our staff and their families with extensive healthcare benefits, lifestyle benefits, and constant open communications.
Why we are hiring
Our team is looking for a new full-time or part-time optometrist to join our eye-care family. As our practice continues to grow, we want to spread our point of view and change the field of eye care one encounter at a time.
About the Practice
City of Vision Eye Care has a rich 30-year history and is well known for going above and beyond in the world of patient care. We have been recognized as “best in the city” by multiple magazines through the years.
Our pediatrics clinic is headed by Lisa Harrison, OD, FAAO where infants as young as 6 months old all the way through special needs adults are seen for routine exams along with binocular vision assessments and vision therapy.
Our ocular disease clinic is headed by Tracy Ho, OD where fundus photography, virtual field testing, and Cirrus OCT-Angiography are heavily utilized to educate patients with macular degeneration and glaucoma.
Our routine clinic is spear headed by Lauren Roverse, OD coordinating most patients into the binocular vision clinic, disease clinic, or external referrals.
The clinic is staffed by a team of 15 individuals whose time with City of Vision ranges from 6 months to 32 years. Their goal is to create a welcoming atmosphere and ensure patients have no questions by the time they leave the office. Our staff is incredibly supportive of all our doctors and do a great job of keeping us on time.
Our practice demographic is wide, reflecting the specialties we bring to the table. We also have an amazing referral network of ophthalmologists who help us to keep patients healthy but also come back to our practice for yearly exams.
About the Associate Optometrist Position
As a new optometrist on our team, you will be essential in delivering exceptional patient treatment and developing long-lasting patient relationships! As a community, patient-focused practice we are looking for a team member who cares deeply for their patients and has the ability to develop strong rapport with them. Our ideal new doctor is someone who is both personable and welcoming to our patients since our mission is to provide excellent bedside manner. We are interested in what YOU are passionate about to see how to get you set up for success. Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams with a focus on patient education
- Utilize office technology to deliver the best possible care and practice to the extent you were trained
- Stay up to date with new technologies and advances in both the clinical setting and optical setting.
- Manage pre and post operative care for refractive surgery and cataracts
- Be comfortable fitting RGP and specialty contact lenses along with managing other anterior segment conditions
- Diagnose, treat, and monitor common conditions like glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts in our geriatric population
- When necessary, properly refer patients to our network of ophthalmologists, and coordinate any necessary follow-up care
- Be comfortable managing or triaging emergencies during office hours
- Participate in staff meetings as needed to help set goals and review practice performance
- Support our general marketing initiatives with creative ideas for social media and community involvement
Qualifications for the Optometry Role
- New graduates welcome!
- Licensed in the state of New Mexico
- A motivation to contribute to practice growth initiatives as we are looking for candidates who want to grow with us, not just punch the clock
- Willingness to participate in community initiatives and outreach events
- A love for excelling in building one on one patient relationships
Our Compensation and Benefits
Our new optometrist will be rewarded with a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- AOA, State, and Local Association Dues
- Malpractice Insurance
- CE Benefits
- Opportunity to buy in to our practice
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and New Child Leave
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! We encourage you to check out our Instagram and blog posts to learn about our team dynamic.