New Protocol for Your COVID-Safe appointment
- When you make an appointment, our automated messaging system will contact you with text and email you asking you to confirm the day and time of your appointment. Please contact us within 24 hours if you are unable to make it or if there is an error with your appointment time.
- Before your appointment, a digital health history and COVID-19 questionnaire will be emailed or texted to you to complete before your visit. If you are unable to access the digital system, you may fill out the information on paper. Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time frame if you are filling out paperwork.
- On the day of your appointment, please plan to arrive 10 minutes before your appointment. If you are very early, please let us know to see if we can accommodate you or if an optician is available to help you with frame selection while you wait. If you will be arriving late due to unforeseen circumstance, please let us know to see if the doctor is able to accommodate a late arrival. Please do not bring other children, spouses, friends, and family to your appointment as the exam rooms are very small and for safety reasons, cannot have more than the doctor, patient, and 1 person in at any time. If you require a translator, a medical assistant, or guardian, please let us know before your appointment.
- At Check In, a receptionist will verify that all your information is accurate and make a copy of your driver’s license and medical insurance card. If you require a fresh mask, we can provide you one. The receptionist will also ask if you prefer dilation method with eye drops or Optomap photography for your retinal health examination. If you are unsure which option is right for you, simply let them know you would like to consult with your doctor first. At this time, mask wear is required for employees, but optional for patients. Patients seeing Dr. Harrison will be required to wear a mask only in the examination lane during the examination.
- Pre-Testing – A technician will escort you from the waiting area to the pretesting area. Your preliminary vision will be measured using your own contact lenses or your own glasses, so please be sure to bring what you wear. If you opt for the Optomap retinal photograph, your technician will complete that during your pre-testing and inform the doctor that you are ready.
- Examination – Due to the small size of your exam room, extra safety equipment and precautions have been installed for both you and your doctor’s safety. Your exam room will be heavily disinfected with bleach prior to your arrival. Your doctor will disinfect high touch surfaces again prior to your use. Tower fans and high efficiency particulate air filters will be actively producing fresh clean air every 12 minutes. Areas where your face will be very close to your doctor has been fitted with plastic guards.
- Selecting Frames & Ordering Lenses – Once your exam is complete, your doctor will bring you to the optical where you can get your current glasses serviced, cleaned, adjusted, and tightened. If you would like to know what your insurance covers for glasses, your optician will be prepared to go over your coverage details. Additionally, they can provide you styling, sizing, and lens education to insure you get the best set of glasses to suit your individual lifestyle needs. All frames are cleaned prior to their return to the frame board. If you are unable to select frames and order lenses on the same day as your exam, please let us know and we can schedule you an appointment with the optical department at your convenience.
Please note that examinations often book up 6 weeks ahead. Limited walk-in services are available, but patients with appointments either for exam or optical will be given priority. Glasses pickups, repairs, and small service requests can also be completed by drop off through the drive thru window.
We hope that you can enjoy your office visit and glasses consultation under the safest conditions we can create for you. Contact us via e-mail using this form, or text (505) 892-8411